From Adriatic sea to Itria Valley: Polignano a Mare and the Trulli of Alberobello 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Individual arrival in Monopoli, a town that is well worth visiting for its narrow streets flowing around its delightful port and offers some truly outstanding seafood restaurants, as well as a beautiful cathedral. Overnight stay in Monopoli (Accommodation Type: PALAZZO INDELLI).
- MONOPOLI - CONVERSANO 40 km / +520m (See profile). Bike delivery and briefing of the route. A charming route takes you along the stunning coastline from Monopoli before heading inland to Conversano. Have a chance to visit the small, but vibrant town of Polignano a Mare, a shining gem on the coast of the Valle d’Itria, perched atop a 20 metre-high limestone cliff above the crystal clear waters of the Adriatic. Then you’ll reach the picturesque village of San Vito, with its multi-coloured boats moored up in the tiny port, before finally getting to the beautiful little town of Conversano. Overnight stay in Conversano. (Accommodation Type: RELAIS CORTE ALTAVILLA).
- CONVERSANO - ALBEROBELLO 39 km / +560m (See profile). Today you will cycle over the hills dominating the Itria Valley. Nature lovers will not be disappointed: With its still expanses of olive trees as far as the eye can see, the Itria Valley is red soil, green groves and vineyards, and white trullo houses under a serene blue sky – essentially, a marvelous chromatic effect that repeats itself several times over. Crossing the little towns of Putignano and Noci, you’ll cycle to Alberobello, your final destination for the day. Overnight stay in Alberobello. (Accommodation Type: TRULLIDEA).
- Extra day in Alberobello. Spend the day visiting Alberobello, universally-known as the capital of the Trulli, distictive, small, dry-stone buildings with a conical roof (Alberobello’s striking expanse of trulli was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1996), and wandering through narrow streets, kitsch souvenir shops and tasting local delicacies. Or maybe visit the Museo del Territorio to discover the history of this unique, charming city. Alternatively, a circular cycle route takes you deep into the Itria Valley to visit stunning Locorotondo, with wonderful panoramic views across the Itria Valley, and to Martina Franca, a must-see town given its marvellously intact historic centre, beautiful Baroque architecture, and stunning palazzi. ALBEROBELLO - LOCOROTONDO - MARTINA FRANCA 40 km / +460m (See profile). Overnight stay in Alberobello. (Accommodation Type: TRULLIDEA).
- ALBEROBELLO - PEZZE DI GRECO 50 km / +290m (See profile). Today you will cycle along beautiful undulating country lanes lined with endless dry stone walls, before enjoying a long downhill run with panoramic views of the Adriatic coastline and the lower fertile plains, that will take you first to Capitolo and then to Pezze di Greco wit its coloured fields of fresh tomatoes and peppers. Overnight stay in Pezze di Greco. (Accommodation Type: MASSERIA SALAMINA).
- Extra day in Pezze di Greco. Today you could just relax by the hotel's pool, or cycle to the nearby beach. For the more energetic, a circular cycle ride takes you to charming Ostuni, the White City, whose whitewashed arches and houses shine like a pearly white tiara, extending across three hills with the magnificent gem of a cathedral as its sparkling centrepiece. PEZZE DI GRECO - OSTUNI 59 km / +535 (See profile). Overnight stay in Pezze di Greco. (Accommodation Type: MASSERIA SALAMINA).
- PEZZE DI GRECO - MONOPOLI 30 km / +100m (See profile). Leaving the Masseria this morning, you head back to the Adriatic coast on a gentle flat route. You will cycle to the colourful fishing village of Savelletri. Don’t miss the opportunity to enjoy an authentic Italian espresso or a delicious seafood lunch. You will continue cycling towards the archaeological site of Egnazia, once the location of a Greco-Roman town, dating as far back as 4 B.C.. You then return to the picturesque coastal town of Monopoli. Overnight stay in Monopoli (Accommodation Type: PALAZZO INDELLI).
- It’s time to say goodbye. Departure and Arrivederci Puglia!
Infos & Cost:
Duration: 8 Days / 7 Nights
Difficulty Level: Medium/Low 165-265 km
Bike Type: Hybrid Bike
Accomodation Category: 4* Hotels
DE LUXE or 4****/5***** Hotels or MASSERIE
Low Season EUR 1.100 - Mid-Season EUR 1.425 - High Season EUR 1.750
Extra Charge E-bike EUR 150
LOW SEASON: 08th Jan - 31st May / 23rd Sept - 20th Dec
MID SEASON: 01st Jun-14th Jul / 24th Aug - 22nd Sept
HIGH SEASON: 15th Jul - 23rd Aug / Bank Holidays
INCLUDED: Accomodation and Breakfast, Bike Rental, Luggage Transport, GPS with preloaded routes.
NOT INCLUDED: Transfers Airport / Hotels - Hotels / Airport, Health Insurance, Luggage Insurance, Tourist Tax and everything not mentioned as "Included".